Saturday, February 21, 2009

3025 (1982 QR) and birds

Greetings !
It seems that the Santa Cruz Nuttings was not one, and my use of Roberson is incorrect. Intend to see if I can access the info that made the first one correct, the more I dig , the more I do not know and the more the "Experts" contradict each other by "knowing" More on that tomorrow.
Anyway just took a step outside, pointed myself in approximately the right direction ie South Africa and pretty close in sidereal time for 3 seconds as "the 52km asteroid (3025)" occulted a 10.8 mag star in the constellation Lupus for observers along a path across S and w Africa. It is 3.38200 au's away and travelling at 17.3488km/sec Why would I know that ? My dear friends the Shoemakers named it after me, when we worked together on Palomar. Yes 1982 QR (Higson)!!!.I keep track of it and wave towards it, in memory of a brilliant astronomer,the kindest of people and true friend Gene and his wife Caroline, the most charming of ladies.I am willing to sell property on it REAL cheap
Roger Higson

No comments:

Post a Comment