Saturday, December 5, 2009

DEATH TO CUCKOO CLOCKS ( a couple of days Bit by bit writing ! )








Don't you just love certain word combinations. Not because they are full of power and strength and fortitude,truth and conviction. Like "America the war in Iraq is over" See how that just lifts you up.
Or jfk's famous "Ich bin ein Berliner"
Which basicly means "I am a Jelly filled do-nut" depending on your spellink.
No just the way the words roll together Like "Quaking aspen" , "Slender loris" and "Pinny pocket". It is fun just to say them. Some words are fine on their own. Every one should be forced to use a word starting with a "Q" at least once a day.i,e
"The traffic was a quagmire" or "Find a parking spot ? Hell I could have found a Quagga faster"
Is that not fun !
Why did this come up ?
I derive a certain childish pleasure from saying to folks (me being Bill Nye of Blythe) who ask "is that a full moon right now ?" Have not a clue, too many years looking through telescopes on Palomar, the moon and I do not get on, still trying to turn my biological clock around ! So I find it best to look over my specs, ponder and say " I believe it is waxing gibbous". That is such a poetic phrase, and move on rapidly !
Too funny... Like swmbo just said. "You can take a boy out of Compton, but you can't take Compton out of a boy"
The 4th ho......le just stepped up and said Tiger was putting her greens.Before this is over I think americas favourite break through proof of a blackish athlete, dedicated husband proud father and owner of blonde trophy wife, may turn out to be a slut chaser !
I do not give a damn personally, what anyone does with another consenting adult is none of my sodding buisness. BUT TIGER garners my total disgust. If you are controlled by the wrong head, your problem. Why my disgust ?
With all the money he has, why is he banging $500 Las Vegas cocktail whores ?
At least most Presidents of this fine country, have shown some tact. Why not find a partner, an appartment, pay the bills and spending money and pop by now and again , Have your jollies ? And provide $100,000 a year. Discretion all the way around. She can write a book after you die , make millions !! The rulers of Europe have been doing IT for centuries. Ignorant/arrogant fool!
Talking of racists,I have decided I dislike Bavarian Jews.
Not all of them, my annoyance is focussed.
Back in the past, living in Imperial, down the street lived a pair of Bavarian Jews, they went back to Germany every year, and returned with broken Cuckoo Clocks.Which he spent hours fixing. He was the typical stereotype of a jewish Clock maker. pince-nez and longish grey hair.HIs wife always seemed to be bustling on something on the stove. She introduced me to true Hebrewvian food.Now that is some serious eats there. I firmly believe that the stories people of Jewish descent claim "The best Chicken soup, and potato pancakes" in the galaxy are true. I digress.
ON his final retirement trip he gave me a clock with birds on it, and they left ne'er to return. But not without a dire warning "Roger, keep it upright, and be kind to it".After several moves, at some point "it wasn't and I wasn't"
It has been hung on the wall for 8 years in our house, I would go by and nudge the pendulum, it would swing for a while and periodically cuckoo twice. Gave up nudging, 1 am saturday , it sent the house into a total panic, I swear it cuckood 13 times. and it has cuckood in random numbers at random times ever since. I think its posessed.I know the pendulum was stationary. Worrisome.
BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS.
Most excellent weekend.It was obvious it was going to be a worthless weekend.... WRONG.
1 (not adult they have white heads, but) Imm Bald Eagle. (Possibly third cycle post prandial early moulting, late early nonadult)
2 Townsends Solitaires.
1 Snow Goose
2 Purple Finches.
180+Cedar WWings
2 Crossbills.
2 Displaying WT Kites
2 RS Hwks.
1 RL Hawk.
17 BNStilts
and on my street 2 Ruddy G Doves.
( and an odd Grackle type)
Will add some pics. Cold windy and terrible light.
The smell of my vegetarian curry wafts through, and calls me, to the football.
Vegetarian you ask ? Can this be true ? Yes I am a vegetarian now. No kidding.
There are barely, but there ARE MORE VEGGIES THAN LAMB in this curry/stew.
Don't play word games with me.
Regards from a dismal Blythe
Grackle guesses welcome. Brewers x GT G ?
PS A little note of no consequence.
I firmly believe that half the Gull species present are built on egos and in the field snobbery !There you go Roger, make a giant sweeping statement. Why not ?
Lets say Pinball Punnit, renowned California birders and overseers of dead birds in trays,at the Museum of Sanangeles says "It is a third tricycle southern race of the Chebby Nova Gull"
Do you think I am going to argue ? Hell NO. They have dedicated their lives to knowing that stuff. I would not even start. they would talk about remiges and tail feathers and stuff. LOST. And I turn red when they start talking about birds avurlully things.
My problem is the people whose talents are meaasured by themselves in a simple ratio of how much their equipment cost x number of us species they have paid to be shown x number of Ego sorry Eco-quest trips taken x number of Bird fests they have attended x too the second power the # of names they can drop. Christ am I jaded or what, sorry. Suddenly yelling an id, which is blatently wrong, and wandering off when that is pointed off politely that it is wrong. Muttering things like "Did you get his name? How rude "
I will give you a perfect case of people who no nothing but sure can hide it.
I,for some reason, decided to go to the pound in Banning on my way to bird the sewage pond.The mutt was mine. My bestest, closest, most loyal pal Guinness was mine. Left with me. Birded every where with me, until he croaked
We were doen at SJ Nature Preserve heading out on a troll around the ponds, as it was too muddy to drive around.. Guinness was anointing everything when two Lexii pulled up and 4 people debarked from those vehicles. A large "I am in charge, line up followers, Henry lock the car Bitch" (my blog) led the way. NOw I at best look dishevilled and unkempt, the colder it gets, the more layers of tattered rags I put on.This must have made me look like a warden or something. She stomped across shouting over her shoulder "I have found the tour guide" You are the tour guide right Good. I said no but you can come with me if you like. I knew this would lead to disaster. Her, and her squadron of birders had more pockets and field guides than a pool hall in Barnes and Nobles. Grief. The woman helped the walk by hanging over my shoulder and saying whats that. Not looking at it turning around and screaming "He's" got a Lincolns Sparrow, Henry bring that scope why do you have to walk at the back you idiot we can't use it if you are not up here ............... You get the idea. What kind of dog is that? A Dublin Terrier (NO such thing) But the more she expounded to her friends about how faithful Dublin Terriers are , and she had a friend who raised them, and they are such good house pets.The more I got into the idea, a complete History of Dublin terriers emerged that day. How if you have a pure bred Male you neuter them so you keep the blood line pure. And the the King of Boyne buried the skull of his battle terrier beneath the scone of innishire, having had his life saved in the battle of the pass of KIllicranky. You get the idea,we got back to the parking lot. Henry, when we get home call that person and get two. I called Henry over, and said. Had a rotten day ? Yes , with a slight smile. Henry, I bought that dog in the pound last week, Dublin Terriers do not exist. You can tell her if you wish. I have never seen a spark of life return to a shadow before !
Oh Gulls.
Steve Cardiff and Donna Ditman, are exemplary birders, museum types and collect correctly.
Fall Migration 2006. I quote "A probable first-year kumlieni Iceland Gull at Rutherford Beach.......... would be the first well docunented Louisisana record if the identification is confirmed". There was plenty of time between collecting the bird and publishing the state review to confirm the ID. Now if you had a dead one and access to the skins would you not rush to the museum and confirm ID, or is it not that easy ?
Dead one should be easy, we ask, why no Id?. So how good are in the field IDs Oh I have included a picture of SHE, as in SWMBO, with Northern Harrier my Thoroughbred Jumper. I love the recession . Little old me can obtain beautiful animals like this, out of Seattle Slew and Northern Dancer, a $14000 horse for a modest amount. How? The rich folk have too many,no stocks, no money, a 5000 a month mortgage 2 kids in Harvard and need to dump them off as they can't feed 25 horses any more. If you are in to this stuff you can nail a beaut. As I did.He will be a four foot jumper and SHE has a local teen horse rider who is a born jumper. Who knows ?
OK I quit

No comments:

Post a Comment